Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bad morning sickness and vomiting for several weeks, and have now been feeling better since around Christmas. More energy too. Even though I heard the heartbeat at 10.5 week appointment I'm feeling very paranoid that feeling normal = not pregnant. Had a m/c at 5 weeks in Aug and that was my experience then. I still have occasional queasiness and food aversions but that's it. How do you stay sane until you can feel them move?

-C
Mama to Silas (2.5)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
This is my second, and I feel the same way. I am 11 weeks today. This baby has never really sunk in yet. I *think* I felt a flutter the 23rd and the 24th, but nothing since. I felt it with my daughter at 11 weeks, then nothing for several weeks.
I won't hear the heart until Monday and it can't come soon enough. They scheduled hubby to work even though he told them he needed off and WHY. But he's going to meet me there for the appt. I guess that'll do. I am just afraid of being alone if we can't find the heart. I don't want to be alone after word if we don't hear it either, but I guess there won't be any choice in the matter now.
I have never been too sick with this one, but I have been TIRED. I am still tired. I was only in the MS until 10 weeks, and that's where it seemed to stop this time. The sensitivities anyway.
When is your next appointment? Hang in there, Mama. It won't be long and you'll be feeling the baby quite a lot:love.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my second, and I feel the same way. I am 11 weeks today. This baby has never really sunk in yet. I *think* I felt a flutter the 23rd and the 24th, but nothing since. I felt it with my daughter at 11 weeks, then nothing for several weeks.
I won't hear the heart until Monday and it can't come soon enough. They scheduled hubby to work even though he told them he needed off and WHY. But he's going to meet me there for the appt. I guess that'll do. I am just afraid of being alone if we can't find the heart. I don't want to be alone after word if we don't hear it either, but I guess there won't be any choice in the matter now.
I have never been too sick with this one, but I have been TIRED. I am still tired. I was only in the MS until 10 weeks, and that's where it seemed to stop this time. The sensitivities anyway.
When is your next appointment? Hang in there, Mama. It won't be long and you'll be feeling the baby quite a lot:love.
Thanks, MrsKoehn. I have been staying away from online groups and research this time, but I am glad I reached out. I don't have another appt until 1/26. Feels like forever to wait. I didn't write down how soon I felt flutters last time and have no idea so I can't compare... maybe a blessing since there's no guarantee things will be the same anyway.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Try to remember that you've already gotten out of the danger zone for miscarriage. It's now quite unlikely that you'll have one, with no signs whatsoever that anything is wrong. And your symptoms easing up at the end of the first trimester is totally to be expected!! Keep reminding yourself of these things!!!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I had bad morning sickness and vomiting for several weeks, and have now been feeling better since around Christmas. More energy too. Even though I heard the heartbeat at 10.5 week appointment I'm feeling very paranoid that feeling normal = not pregnant. Had a m/c at 5 weeks in Aug and that was my experience then. I still have occasional queasiness and food aversions but that's it. How do you stay sane until you can feel them move?

-C
Mama to Silas (2.5)
I'd take the occasional queasiness and food aversions as good, solid signs of a healthy pregnancy. :)

If you heard the HB at 10.5 weeks, the risk of m/c is very, very low.

I bet you'll begin feeling movement soon.

This is my 5th baby and I had two m/c last year - one in early November and another in January 2014, on my birthday, no less. The first seemed healthy - lost at 6.5 weeks and the next one was a chemical, which never seemed healthy and lost about 6 weeks.

I've not felt attached to this one, probably because I'm afraid of letting myself feel that connection. I saw the HB at 9 weeks and still fear the worst.

I have a u/s (nuchal scan) tomorrow and am more anxious than I'm admitting to myself (it's popping up in dreams...)

I haven't told my children yet because I'm waiting to make sure everything's okay tomorrow.

It's hard to relax after having a m/c, that's for sure.

·
Registered
695 Posts
@Metasequoia I had a mc on my birthday, too. What a bummer thing to have in common.

catu, we all know how you feel and the only answer is time. You really have very little risk now and losing symptoms around 13 weeks is totally normal. Hugs! Can you ask the dr to listen for heartbeat again in the meantime before your next appt?

·
Registered
695 Posts
eternalw i am sorry to hear this! Losing the first pregnancy must be so hard. Did it make you wonder if you would be able to have children after all?

·
Registered
509 Posts
eternalw i am sorry to hear this! Losing the first pregnancy must be so hard. Did it make you wonder if you would be able to have children after all?
I did lose my first as well, but that was my fourth. :(

Three healthy babies in between. But yeah, makes it hard to relax the other times.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I lost my second pregnancy over Christmas way back, about 13 years ago (1st m/c of 3, total.) I started spotting at work a day or two before Christmas and spent Christmas laying on the couch and a couple of days after, m/c.

That one was harder in terms of timing because I didn't feel present for my toddler. On my birthday, I just felt a bunch of self-pity - like, you've got to be kidding me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts