Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>To give a tiny bit of my previous history, I have had two babies early, one at 36 weeks after PROM with no signs symptoms, or even contractions.  Normal labor and vaginal birth after about 11 hours.  My second one was 33 weeks also after PROM but the PROM occurred only after a stomach virus with lots of vomiting, contractions for several days that couldn't be stopped (but didn't dilate or efface my cervix at all really), and pulmonary edema from the meds and IV combo, followed by a diuretic.  Normal vaginal birth after 5 hours and baby in the NICU for 23 days.  My fetal fibronectin test the day before her birth was negative.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Fast forward to this pregnancy.  Not a lot of BH (which I did have with my last one), two cervical ultrasounds at 19 and 25 weeks showing long, closed cervix, negative fetal fibronectin test 2 days ago, also had steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs just in case and have been on weekly progesterone shots since 16 weeks.  The perinatologist told me that I don't need to return unless something comes up, my regular OB has been great and has completely allowed me to take charge of my own decisions regarding medications, when/if I want to stop working, whether or not I wanted the steroids and fetal fibronectin, etc.  He has told me that he trusts that I know what is normal and not to even call if I feel something is off or I have too many contractions, just head right into the hospital and he will meet me there if needed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I kind of pushed myself a bit today with the nesting and washed and packed up a bunch of clothes, bedding, etc.  I haven't been as good as I could be about fluids, I know that, so I'm downing water like crazy right now.  But I just feel...off.  I've been having some BH contractions, possibly more than 4 in an hour, but probably not as many as 6.  I feel kind of breathless though, like the baby is pushing up into my lungs or diaphragm. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying to relax a bit and just drink water, I don't feel like I'm in labor at all.  It feel a lot more like my irritable uterus/non-productive contractions I had last time around.  At what point should I worry or go in?  Should I try to lay down or take a bath, or what do you think?</p>

·
Registered
379 Posts
<p>If you were my client, I'd suggest lying down or taking a bath... sounds to me like you probably overdid it a bit today. Try to relax, and try not to worry, and get some rest!</p>

·
Registered
804 Posts
<p>i'd relax a bit, take it easy have a bath or have a nap.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know for me if i over do it, things are not pleasnat for me. Have a rest hope it nothing to worry about</p>

·
Registered
294 Posts
<p>Hey! I'm in the March DDC and wondered how you're feeling? I hope everything's all right and you're feeling better! Stay in there baby!</p>

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>I'm doing okay.  I found out it was a combination of things.  I had some not very nice side effects from the steroid shots, plus I had just started supplementing with iron and that gave me horrible indigestion and stomach issues.  Add in a little mild dehydration and a crazy nesting day....yeah, I was feeling like poop.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying to listen to my body and take it easy, but admittedly it is difficult with the sense of urgency I am having over getting everything ready at home and in my classroom just in case she comes early.  I'm trying really hard though, and reminding myself to practice my hypnobabies and drink lots of water.</p>

·
Registered
294 Posts
<p>I'm glad you're feeling better. It's hard to take it easy when one is used to going all the time. March suddenly seems so close so I understand the nesting feeling and can only imagine how it must be hitting you, having had early babies. I still haven't unpacked my birth books and I've totally stopped exercising. I must get my rear end in gear! Take it easy!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts