Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days my baby's been so restless at night and during naps. Any ideas what's going on? I thought she was gassy, but it keeps happening. She's was sleeping a stretch of 5 hours then 3 and 3, but now she wakes up every 1 or 2, looks around while i pat her for a minute, and is back out. It's not that she's getting startled, she's just wiggling all around. It's different movements than the ones when she wakes to eat. Swaddling makes her mad now too.

I've tried holding her closer, moving her farther from me, turning her over, holding her arms down. I can't sleep through it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Has it really been almost six weeks?!

I still swaddle (arms only) my little bugger - she wakes herself up by reaching and stretching and clawing at her face in her sleep otherwise. It's a long story how I came to try this, but she's sleeping right now in a sleep sack - that has the armholes safety pinned closed so her arms stay inside. She can still wiggle and move some, but not a lot, and hopefully not enough to wake herself up (this is the first time we've tried this). Maybe something similar would work for your girl, to let her move but not MOVE?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I wonder if it's an age thing.
My daughter turned 5 weeks yesterday and I've been dealing with the same issue for the past 2 days.. It's SO frustrating!
It's like shes frantically kicking and moving every hour or so and then settles back in.. Her eyes are closed when she's doing it. I'm hoping it's a short lived phase.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might try that, lee. She sweats in her sleep when she's wrapped up though.

Glad to hear she's not the only one. Is your baby farting too? I;m starting to think it's a tummy ache.

I laid her tummy down to nap today and she slept well.
I stayed in the room and watched her though because she was so wiggly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.