Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little guy can be a good eater at times and than not so much at other times. he is almost one and i dont know if he eats enough solids to get rid of formula completly. im thinking about switching to enfagrow toddler. does anyone use enfagrow toddler. is it better than formula or pretty much the same? its for 12 to 36 months. and should you give them some milk to or just the enfagrow?<br>
thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
I got some samples of toddler formula it has 17g of sugar in 6oz!!!!. It seems to be powdered milk with sugar and a vitamin. Plain milk would be bad if he's filling up on that as if it was formula (no iron, vitamins). I'd stick with formula until he's eating a well rounded diet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i would prly do the regular formula, and maybe a little bit of milk - lots of milk can inhibit iron absorption. also the WHO recommends BFing until 2 yrs old (FF acceptable substitute per WHO, as opposed to cows milk before a year)....so yeak, i'd continue with the formula, and maybe give a little milk each day. also with kids in figuring out nutritional intake of solids, you aren't supposed to look at each day individually, rather look at a week and avg out.

·
Registered
843 Posts
We formula feed too, but with Similac Sensitive. My son will be 1 in a couple months and I've decided to just keep him on his regular Similac Sensitive in part because they don't have lactose free available in the Toddler Version. We'll introduce some milk slowly too.<br><br>
I was also comparing nutrients and it seems regular formula is just the same as Toddler formula but with a lower level of some vitamins and larger in others. Really, I don't see why toddler formula is necessary if they are fine with their current formula. It's a personal choice though, good luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
My DD is almost a year too, we are going to stay on regular formula. She does not eat enough solids, although she is getting better. We will just keep her on her regular formula, and gradually cut down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts