Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>On Tuesday we mailed in the last notarized paper for our Dossier.  And our SW had Jury Duty so our homestudy may still not be done (GRR) but it should be done soon!  That means we can be "officially" matched with our little girl and start counting down to a court date and our first trip!  *happy dance*</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please, int'l adoption mamas, talk to me about surviving that loooong plane trip (I am not much of a traveler) and how in the world am I going to leave her there for the eight weeks between the court date and travel?  I want to cry just thinking about it!</p>

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
<p>I have no advice on intl adoption, but I traveled to Brazil from MI and also to England from MI.  It really wasn't so bad.  Watch the movies, read some good magazines, sleep if you can.  Your excitement should carry you over.  I am sure it will be very difficult to leave her, but you will be leaving knowing that the days apart are numbered.  And have faith in His awesome plan.  Of all the children in the world, He chose *this one* for you. :)  How cool is that?!?!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Congratulations!!</p>

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
<p>And btw, I haven't been on your blog in a while seeing as how we went without internet for many many months and only recently got back online.  I can't believe how BIG he's gotten!!  It seems like just yesterday I was oogling over the sweet pics of itty bitty little one sleeping!!  Where has the time gone??  *sigh*</p>

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Aww, thanks!  Yes, he has gotten big and is into EVERYTHING!  A 1yo is a magical age though.  I forgot how they learn new things every day.  :)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts