Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time has flown by and I can't believe it! I remember the first days when our DDC had sooo many DDC's ahead of us and it seemed like it would take forever to get to the end. (Those first trimester crummies will make one not see straight, lol!)

But mamas, look at us now! We are in April, and May is weeks away! Those mamas that are due in the beginning of May have only a few weeks to go! :grin:

How is everyone doing? Feeling? Preparing?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Four weeks to go for me! I'm getting a little nervous because I cannot decide whether my lack of nervousness is due to my experience with my two previous babes, or if I've simply forgotten how tough it is :)

This baby is firmly wedged up under my ribs. Wondering if he is likely to turn head down on his own. I know most people say that at this stage in the game babies have set up camp, so to speak. Anyone else see a baby go from breech to head down this late in pregnancy? I'm scheduled for a c section, but according to my doctor it is still better for baby to be head down as they come out of the incision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Four weeks to go for me! I'm getting a little nervous because I cannot decide whether my lack of nervousness is due to my experience with my two previous babes, or if I've simply forgotten how tough it is :)

This baby is firmly wedged up under my ribs. Wondering if he is likely to turn head down on his own. I know most people say that at this stage in the game babies have set up camp, so to speak. Anyone else see a baby go from breech to head down this late in pregnancy? I'm scheduled for a c section, but according to my doctor it is still better for baby to be head down as they come out of the incision.
HI I'm due june 2nd and just found out on tuesday my baby is breech too. Which for me meant no outdoor homebirth if he didnt turn, possibly not even a hospital birth but instead a c-section. Luckily friday afternoon I managed to help him turn. My midwife was concerned because his bum was wedged down there good she wasn't sure if he could get it out and turn. I started doing breech tilts and booked appts with my chiropractor for the webster technique, and Moxibustion/accupuncture on thursday. I spent most of friday really focusing on my posture and visualizing the baby turning. during the second breech tilt of the day i decided to hold a icepack by his head (mean i know,lol) and a heating pad under my lower back with speakers and music playing (which would be familiar to him) right where i wanted his head to be. And actually during my fav song on the album about 15 min in i felt some really big movements and he had done it!! I had also eaten some icecream right before the tilt to get him moving and had a pic of a properly positioned baby on my computer to help me visualize what i wanted him to do. I'm so much more comfortable now too without his head in my ribs. I hope that helps you, Good luck, it can be done!

·
Registered
137 Posts
So the secret is ice cream? :)

Yesterday he was in a good position, but today I went swimming and what do you know: he went back to breech. Oy vey. I have to have a c section regardless, so I guess it could be worse. I'm so glad it worked for you! And fingers crossed, maybe this baby will turn, and I will go into a very quick, healthy labor before my scheduled delivery.

I'm not on Facebook, but I'm guessing that's where all the DDC action is. Good luck to everyone due in the next few weeks.

xoxo

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope your babies turn/stay turned mamas! :) I am glad to report that baby is head down and engaged, which was the only thing that would have prevented my OB from feeling comfortable with a VBAC. 4 weeks to go, oh my goodness! And still so much to do. Get freezer meals done, finish up our homeschool year, get my labor playlist and and other labor stuff I'll want during the big day.

While I do feel tired by the end of the day, especially after nights that I had broken up sleep, I'm still feeling pretty good. There are those times that Isabella really stretches and makes me say "yikes!" but I'm glad these last weeks will still have pretty mild weather. Delivering during the hottest part of the summer last time around really did a number on my ankles and feet as far as swelling. Can't wait to start reading the birth stories :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts