Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midwife has me drinking aloe vera juice for uti I am 38 weeks pg. Just read it can start contractions( which I'm fine with) but what is the scoop on aloe vera juice?

Emilie

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
It's very irritating to the intestines, it contains a very powerful carthartic, anthroquinone.

Why would you artificially want to start contractions before your body or baby is ready and starts them on their own?

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am too also very against the trend in this country to induce birth or labor- I think it causes many risks to the mother and baby and is completely ridiculous. What I meant was that I am ready to have the baby! I am excited to have the baby!!! Not that I want to falsely start the labor- even tho that is what I said.
I promise you- that is one of my biggest peaves. I have friends ask me when I am scheduling the birth- can you imagine- that is how far it has gone.
Emilie

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Okey dokey

Did you have a uti and are trying to prevent another one, or are you trying to cure one you already have? I've never heard of aloe being used for that. How are you feeling?

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel fine. I am tired. But my uti seems to be better. I am also taking cranberry. She said it was a antibacterial- and it would take care of the bacteria in my bladder. She only has me taking 1/4 cup a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.