Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 19 week appt yesterday

i do like my OB

but I am already measureing behind...... good grief. he doesn't care "as long as the baby showes groth we are not going to worry, this is your history" but it is jsut so discouraging, to me personally, i ahve been so wrapped up in this pregancy being DIFFERENT than my last one, without the worries and concerns.........

I have gained 3 pounds since week 11.... not the average 9, but he himself pointed out that an average is the mean of a lot of more gain and a lot of less gains.

he is fine with it all

i am the one discouraged ....... looks like another long struiggle like Theo's.

Aimee

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
So, you are suppose to have gained 9 lbs. in just the last 8 weeks! That seems a little high to me. 3 lbs. seems a lot healthier. You're fine. As long as the baby is okay, that's all the matters, right.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimee21972 View Post
i am the one discouraged ....... looks like another long struiggle like Theo's.

Aimee

Dont let your discouragment get the best of you. Weight gain or loss doenst need to set the tone of your pregnancy and birth. You're fine mama! Be gentle with yourself.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
(((hugs))) don't get discouraged! If the OB isn't concerned then don't be.

Measuring small could mean a lot of things. My friend just measured WAY small at her last appt...she had to have a u/s it turns out the baby was right on target, just in a wonky position...baby's position can influcence how you measure. ((hugs))

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Measuring small could mean a lot of things. My friend just measured WAY small at her last appt...she had to have a u/s it turns out the baby was right on target, just in a wonky position...baby's position can influcence how you measure. ((hugs))
thisis how Theo's pregancy started out -- i was measureing behind from the first, but the US kept showing he was fine, jsut up and down along my spine so he didn't stick out.

but then he started to fall behind too.
and even though i knew the whole time he was fine, and he was, it got to be such a ------ not sure the word, h&ll ride.....appt, measure behind, US, be too small, schdule another appt and US and so on.......

Just don't want to have to have naggin worries this time, yk.....

Aimee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.