Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello<br>
I was diagnosed with chonic Lyme in 2006 but through primal/traditional diet and supps I feel great. I did to abx for 6 months at first but quit and got better by adressing nutrient defiencies ect.<br>
Anyway, I found a tick on me today just a little attached (easy to pull off)and I do not know what to do.<br><br>
ShouldI have the tick tested? Take abx?<br>
Here are the tick testing options in our area: (I dont know what IFA or PCR are)<br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Tests for lyme are performed on Tuesdays and Fridays on ticks of proper species only. Call Lab to confirm current prices & specimen requirements. (approx. $10 cost for species ID and $20 cost for IFA test)<br><br>
OR<br>
Contact your doctor to ask for tick testing thru Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Lab. Tick is sent to Quest Lab (approx. cost for species ID $34 and $244 for PCR test).</td>
</tr></table></div>
I could be pregnant/we are trying to have another baby so I am mostly worried about that becase I read that contracting Lyme while pregnant is bad...I had chonic Lyme probably when pregnant (I had a child since diagnosed) but my children are healthy.<br>
Thanks so much.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I really can't tell you what to do, but if it were me I ma get the tick tested, maybe not. When I lived in Arkansas, I was bit many times a day and I couldn't ever imagine getting all them tested. Instead, I would take several doses of homeopathic ledum, and perhaps some teasel root tincture if I showed symptoms as it is safe during pregnancy. I wouldn't go the abx route as I am not a fan of them, but that is the way I feel about them.<br><br>
BTW, I have lyme as well as my baby ds.<br><br>
If you don't get any other responses, I would as in the big lyme thread.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks somuch for your response.<br><br>
I was thinking of just calling my ND since we have the same views on the body/disease. I am not a fan of the abx either. After I was taking them and did more research I quit becasue I was not getting better and I the research did not seem to support that route for chronic. My ND said as well that there are lots of poeple who get bit by ticks and fight off the disease the problem was my weak body/immune system at the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts