Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,723 Posts
I am so excited. I let go of all fear when DH and I agreed to have the baby at home. It seems so much more natural to me. Up till now I was so scared about the thought of going to the hospital mid-labour, I couldn't picture having a baby there!

We bought an inflatable pool, 5 feet around, and 2 feet high, and it is transparant (for better viewability!), hopefully I can labour in there. DH really wants me to have a waterbirth, he thinks it is so beautiful and natural, and he wants to catch the baby. Hopefully I will still feel comforatable in the water at that time, I know he will be disapointed if I don't waterbirth, he just likes the idea so much.

My midwife was almost as excited as we were when we told her. She just loves home births and feels much more comforatable. I guess it makes her job easier because part of what she has to do at the hospital is make it seem like home.
(plus she mentioned something about less paperwork, lol)

My mom is getting excited too, she offered her house with a jacussi tub, even said she would rent a hot tub, but we declined. The major reason we want to have the baby at home, is to be in a place we are in control, and others are guests (especailly my mom!). She told me she wanted to have a home birth with my little brother (now 13) but my dad wouldn't let her.

We still have to tell my dad. I don't know what he will say. When I told him we bought a co-sleeper and didn't really want a crib he said something like "you will regret that, you need to be able to close the door so you can get some sleep. Brian will need to sleep if he is working." *sigh* It makes so much sence that my screams were ignored by at least him when I was a baby. I mean, I know they thought that was the best thing, but I still don't trust him.

We still have to tell my MIL. She is very supportive of most of our decisions. In fact she was the one who really got me thinking about parenting style. She bought me a sling, and a co-sleeper. However, she is a nurse, and I'm not sure how she will react to us giving birth in a kiddie pool.

So we are now collecting all our "needed things". I am 37 weeks on Sunday, I don't expect to have the baby before 40 weeks. I am also in the process of moving, so it's a little hectic around here.

I am really excited, and can't wait to read your birth stories, and hopefully share my own soon!

· Registered
1,723 Posts
I am very relaxed and prepared to have the baby at home. I can't picture giving birth in a hospital, it just doens't seem right. I know I've made the right choice.

Hopefully the baby will come soon, we're all so very excited to meet him!

Good luck everyone.

-Heather

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.