Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because i KNOW i'm not eating what i should be.
i know that i'm not drinking enough water.
so give me some guidelines.
i seriously just eat whatever i want.
yesterday i ate a bologna and cheese sandwich w/mustard on homemade white bread...probably like 5 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...maybe 6 spoonfuls of yoghurt, and an english muffin with raspberry jam...i drank maybe 2 glasses of water, and some orange juice.

i know. i know.
i just...can't.
i dunno. i'm going through a not hungry for anything phase again.
i'm stressed out and tired.
i am taking my prenatals though.
but man. i'm having a hard time eating.
help me. please.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Check out the diet idea by Tom Brewer at blueribbonbaby.

You shoudl drink half your weight in ounces. if you weighed 100, you'd drink 50 oz of water per day.

Eat 70-90 grams of protein--nuts, meat, cottage cheese, eggs

Eat eggs often--scrambled, boiled are best

eat green food every day--green apples, spinach, kale, lettuce no iceberg lettuce

happy eating!
hh

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Well, not that I am great at this, but I know what I *should* be eating. :LOL

Try to stick with whole/unprocessed foods as much as possible. Like cooking a whole chicken breast and cutting it up for sandwiches instead of a highly porcessed meat like bologna.

When eating grains, stick with whoel grains and less processed grains. Whole wheat bread is better than white bread, for example.

Try to eat protein with every meal. So instead of an english muffin with jam, make an english muffin with an egg on it.

Stay away from empty sugars. Like instead of apple juice, eat the apple. So not only will you get the sweet taste, you will also get the fiber with the vitamins, etc.

Drink half your body weight in oz of water, shooting for 80-100 oz. Its a lot. Work up to that.

Try to eat a couple servings of green veggies a day. Not easy, but I try to eat a salad with lunch and then a veggie with dinner. (of course *they* say 5-6 servings, but you know....) And the greener the better. LIke spinach or romaine salad is better than iceberg. Throw in some chuncks of chicken and a hard boiled egg and you have a full meal of it.

HTH!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i forgot, i also ate some pork with rice and carrots and celery.
yeah.

but i'll start eating better.
thanks for the tips.
the protein part is hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.