Mothering Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everybody busy nesting? Haven't heard from all of you in some time!

As for me, i'm just getting the last minute preparations in order as I expect to be induced any day now. I was told i'd deliver between 37 and 39 weeks, but with my recent pre-e diagnosis it may be as early as thursday. :eek

Anyone had their baby/babies yet? Or am I gonna be the first? lol.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I think you're the first! I hope your delivery goes smoothly ️ I've just been sick (STILL) ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's just you and me in this club now @dahlia810 or at least it sure seems that way! lol. Everyone else seems to have left.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been MIA for several reasons. My mom died in June after cancer and we're in the middle of huge lawsuit against her caregiver and her best friend, who stole and tried to steal all of her liquid assets as well as multiple counts of elder abuse, ID theft, and more. (We have lots of eyewitnesses and an excellent paper/electronic trail.) My A/C started having issues, leaked, and created a huge hole in my ceiling that took about a week to get fixed completely. My dog was recently diagnosed with a degenerative neurological disease and is losing control of his hind legs more and more each day. :frown: We'll have to put him down in the next few weeks.:crying::crying::crying: My carpal tunnel was really bad, and I can finally type comfortably again thanks to cortisone injections about a week ago.

The baby coming is the only positive thing about 2015 so far for me. :serious:

SO...

I'm here. My c-section will be the last week of September; I firm up the date next week with my doctor. I also am going to see a hematologist because my anemia is not responding to my massive dose of oral iron. Ugh. Anemia fatigue + August Texas heat = SUCKAGE.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@FluffyFlamingo You're alive (which I'm glad for.) You've just got about everything falling apart at once! *hugs* I hope things are better for you soon.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry to hear how rough everything has been @FluffyFlamingo! Big big hugs lady.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I vanished a bit - had my last few weeks of grad school that had to get done. I feel like I can finally breathe!

But now I am soooo far behind on prepping for baby.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@xixstar yeah I know what you mean. I fell behind with prepping due to partial bedrest. Took me forever to get everything done.

Now if I disappear for a few days it will be due to having baby. I'm having contractions at the hospital on pitocin, but no active labor yet. It's been over 24 hours :-(

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ugh!!! I've been thinking of you @funfunkyfantastic!! I hope labor picks up soon!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me too. DH and I were just holding each other crying today about all our worries. Our support team stepped out to give us a moment alone together. It's been so stressful. At 2 am they will likely cut off my pitocin to give my body a chance kind of cleanse out all that extra pitocin so the receptors get a rest. Then in the morning after breakfast we'll start again.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hugs funfunky ️ I'm thinking of you!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Baby is here! Shaelynn Leah was born at 4:44PM august 15th weighing 5lbs 12 OZ and 19 inches long!

Born after a very long labor with more interventions than preferred but with a beautiful outcome!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats funky! I have been totally Mia from this thread. I am 35 weeks. Everything is going well except we haven't picked a name. I expect to go into labor sometime around 36-38 weeks like I did with my other kids. Looking forward to no longer being pregnant.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts