Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd got a working stethoscope as a holiday gift, and has been running around playing doctor ever since. It's kind of funny, since she has so little experience with doctors, but she seems to really "get" it, somehow.

Anyway, I'd like to expand her kit a little, but since we don't do immunizations etc., the standard ones to buy are probably not of any great interest to her.

I have a little suitcase, some empty tincture bottles, an empty homeopathics bottle... I guess I should get a cheapo thermometer... anything else you can think of to add?

Thanks!

· Premium Member
603 Posts
Depending on how you feel about having them stuck everywhere: band-aids. Every now and then, for a "treat", I'll buy DS a box. OhMyGosh, he loves them, even more than stickers.

My son got a Fisher Price doctor's kit a year ago, and his favorite piece, buy far (and the only piece I think we've still got) is the little thing you look in ears with. He checks my ears regularly.

Ditto the ace bandage.

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the helpful ideas! I'm going to check out eBay for a cheap BP cuff (dd would like that since we use it with our midwife). I love the ideas of Ace bandages and a flashlight-otoscope, too!

· Registered
778 Posts
I would def add band aids--my sister was the band aid queen when we were kids. Also a little spray bottle with water in it-it will become a cure all medicine immediately. LOL!

· Registered
343 Posts
A word of caution: I was told to dispose of the blood pressure cuff in DS's doctor kit because of a lead concern. My mom (giver of the Fisher Price dr kit) had read about that somewhere. Sorry I don't have more complete info on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.