Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just arranged to pick up 4 dozen strawberry plants, because clearly I need to do that RIGHT NOW! So, my daughter and I will be grabbing some compost from the pile, and I'll make my husband till a new bed for them, then we can get them planted.... Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm fantasizing about putting in some rasberries and blueberries, though I don't think the blueberries would do well here.... Oh, and I just laid out a huge curved bed off the side of the house I want to get tilled before October so it will be ready to turn into my perennial/herb garden in the spring.

Screw laundry and mopping, I'm apparently planning on putting all nesting energy into gardening....

· Premium Member
14,037 Posts
I've spent the last 2 weeks doing laundry - washing just about everything in the house. And now I just did the dishes with no prompting... they didn't even *need* to be done - I did them yesterday.

And now I'm going to go vacuum.

All this just an hour or so after I assured my MW that I didn't think I'd be going before the end of the month.

· Registered
1,562 Posts
I LOVE nesting. I will admit that I am not the best housekeeper normally, so when nesting strikes, I really take advantage of the urge to purge. I just want to get rid of everything and reorganize every cabinet. I have a list and I just keep going down the list and I get so happy to see things get done. It's good for my sanity as I adjust to my dd being in full-day kindergarten.

· Registered
5,916 Posts
I keep pushing my nesting off on my husband
I take the boys out of the house for a few hours and make him do laundry, dishes, mop the floor, etc

I was just thinking about planting a fall garden today...spinach, lettuce, some bulbs (I have a bunch of tulips), and maybe some raspberries (is fall a good time to plant those??)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.