Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a tried and true method to get rid of a Urinary tract infection? I'm drinking lots and lots of water and cranberry juice. I'd really like to avoid the antibiotics and related trouble if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Cranberry will help prevent it but won't do much, if anything, for an already-established UTI. Believe me, straight from the ER doc's mouth after I waited 14 hours to be seen for a severe kidney infection after I tried to treat a light UTI naturally. Please don't mess with them! I've been suffering from bladder problems for 5 years now as a result! Have you had it cultured yet?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hopefully at this point you are feeling better but I just wanted to pipe in.<br><br>
I've had lots of UTIs and when I feel one coming on I drink cranberry juice, but it has to be the unsweetened kind. The bacteria causing the infection live off of the sugar. I usually buy the concentrated, unsweetened cranberry juice from the natural food store. Along with the cranberry juice I drink lots of water, avoid caffine and alcohol. A heating pad or a warm bath will help ease some of the discomfort too.<br>
If you are peeing blood though I probably wouldn't mess around too much about finding a doctor.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Uva Ursi and Yarrow herb are specifics for UTI's as well. I have used them successfully at the onset for my daughter. I made teas and fed them to her 4x/day. But I agree if there is fever, blood, pain, etc it warrants a doctor visit. Kidney infection is not worth the risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts