Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a natural glass cleaner from 7th generation but really don't think it should be used on wood furniture, thinking it will strip away the finish.<br>
Is there a natural alternative to pledge? I went looking at the local organic/natural home store & wasn't sure what to get.<br>
Help

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I mix Almond oil, a tiny bit of TTO, lemongrass EO and a little bit of Dr. Bronner's unscented in a spray bottle and use that on my wood. I don't have any actual measurements, though, as I sort of "eye ball" it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
All I ever use is a microfiber cloth. (And I got a bundle of 12 on e-Bay for $14--labelled for car wash use.) I use it dry to dust any surface, and put a bit of water on it to scrub off any messes my DD may put on our dining room table. Can't get much lower-impact than that!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I use the recipe from Clean House, Clean Planet:<br><br>
Put 2 tsp. Olive Oil in a 16 oz bottle. Add 20 drops of lemon oil. Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. Shake well.<br><br>
I have to shake it each time before I spray it, but it works great!<br><br>
On wood furniture I use this:<br><br>
3/4 cup olive oil in an 8 oz squirt bottle. Then add 1/4 cup vinegar. Then add 1/4 tsp of lemon oil. Shake well. I dribble it onto a rag, and wipe it that way. Works great!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I've heard that you can use beeswax, which I intend to try once I run out of the pledge (I'm defenitely a waste not want not girl). I know that Method makes a wood polisher as well, and if I'm not mistaken Murphy's is all natural.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I had gone to the store & our local health place had 7th generation but nothing that looked suitable for wood. Off to another store to check stuff o8ut & or make my own

·
Registered
234 Posts
For year now I have successfully used just a damp microfiber cloth. This works great. If your wood is truly dry, you can then wipe it down with a little mineral oil, then massage it in and wipe off any excess. This restores the finish nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts