Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a law student friend of mine that there are ways to end a marraige contract/license w/o outright divorce. I was wondering if this was true? She isn't in contact so I was hoping maybe one of you civic-savvy folks could help me out.

Long story short, we want to raise child together just not be legally married. If it is possible to do this in other ways I'd be interested. Not interested in remaining married.

· Registered
2,346 Posts
You can get a legal seperation and then do a parenting agreement with each other. It is required by law anyways whether you divorce or separate.

If it is that you guys don't want to spend all that money, it is very cheap to go through "We the People" and do it yourselves.

Otherwise, it is doubtful you could get it annulled. I think divorce or separation are the only choices you have, but I could be wrong. Hth!

· Registered
1,564 Posts
You can do a divorce with mediation instead of going to court. You would have to find a lawyer who does this- I don't know how common it is. In any case, you each get a lawyer but you just all go sit in a room and work it out (of course you can do that without mediation lawyers too, if you both can agree on things).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.