Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>my story: I've used prefolds and pins on 3 kids, love them. But when out and taking my 9mo potty (we EC) it's very hard pinning that diaper back on him while standing in a bathroom stall (sometimes a changing table just isn't available). So I'm looking for something that'll be easier to put on him in that situation. Any suggestions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My sister-in-law uses gDiapers with gCloth and really loves them, but I'd prefer snaps rather than velcro. Plus I see some really bad reviews of the gDiapers. I don't want to use a pocket diaper (I use these at night, but I don't like them for day). I have also looked at the FLIP system, which looks pretty good. A reusable cover, snaps, etc. I've considered just skipping the pins and putting a prefold inside a cover, but it doesn't seem like it would stay put and it would still be 2 pieces to wrestle with (while standing in a bathroom stall). I can't tell if the FLIP insert snaps into the cover or just lays there?</p>

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<p>I've been doing a little more looking. Figured out the FLIP cover has those tabs to hold in a diaper. I also like the look of the weehugger. Has anyone used both of these? what are the differences? It looks like these covers would work with the infant prefolds I already have. Which would be great. Though I do need to buy some regular prefolds for at home, would those fit in these covers or would they be too big?</p>

·
Registered
931 Posts
<p>Well instead of pins you can use a snappy diaper fastener.  They look like this... <a href="http://www.cheekymonkey.ca/SnappiFasteners.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cheekymonkey.ca/SnappiFasteners.htm</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>A lot of cloth diapering moms use them on their pre-folds.  I do.  It works like the little clips you use to keep an Ace Bandage on.</p>

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p><br><br>
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have used Snappis and don't like them. I also don't see them being any easier to put on while holding a baby in your arms.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
<p>I would just use a tri folded prefold in a cover like BSWW w/ snaps or Thirsties. No need for pins or snappies :)</p>

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
<p>Although Flip does allow you to tuck the insert inside the cover, I'm not sure that you could easily do it while standing (probably easier than pinning... but not great). You'd be better off with a velcro fastener, and honestly I don't think a tri-folded prefold would slip any more than the flip insert.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The gDiaper insert is better "tucked in" to the cover so that it stays put. I'd definitely pick the gDiaper system over Flip for the situations you're describing (and do).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The other thing I've found that really works quite well for standing babies and toddlers are training pants. We use Bummis and Mother-Ease training pants with DS, who is part-time ECd, and I'm amazed how much they can hold. I use them as diapers almost half the time now, since diaper changing is a struggle to say the least.</p>

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
<p>I don't have the new GroVia system but rather the old GroBaby one--I'm assuming the new one is the same? Anyway, the inserts SNAP into these. The ones I have are touchtape (HATE it), but I do like how easy they are on-and-off.</p>

·
Registered
166 Posts
<p>i have flip and like them, but doing it with a standing child would be  hard. the flaps are nice for keeping the prefold from coming out the front or back but doesn't really hold it in place</p>

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
<p>I have a couple of FLIPS too. They're ok but I don't love them. The flaps definitely don't hold the inserts in place other than to stop front/back movement.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Pop-ins are good and, IMO, would be easier to put on standing up than a FLIP. The inserts are snapped in place front and back and the cover is help on with velcro.</p>

·
Registered
52 Posts
<p>GroVia has snap in inserts or you can use the biosoakers with them. There is a summer promo going on right now, 3 shells/covers, a 50ct pack of biosoakers and 3 samples of the Tiny Bubbles detergent for $49.95.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>I've done a tri-folded prefold in a wrap, a flip diaper, and a gDiaper, and the gDiaper was the only one I could get on a standing child, but it had a whole host of other issues. I haven't tried the grovia, but something like that with the liner snapping in sounds great for that situation. you could also do a prefold belt. </p>

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I got the snap gmd workhorse diapers to make standing diapering possible with a me airflow cover that can be pulled on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts