Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been experimenting with no pooing and I
it. I went from natural shampoos to alternating them with BS/ACV for about a month, to now being totally no poo for about 3 weeks; I do a BS wash, ACV rinse every third day...now I know I'm learning to strike a balance here, but the last two times I've washed/rinsed, I've been incredibly itchy on my neck (back and front) with some little bumps appearing. This goes away after a while, but it is very annoying. I'm not allergic to anything (as far as I know) so this seems weird to me. I do have an itchy scalp by my second day so I'm going to start experimenting with TTO...but any thoughts on the neck itching after my ACV rinse?

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I get that when I skip too many days washing. For me this means I've skipped more than one day. For you the number may be different.

Since I am allergic to TTO, that would not be a solution for me.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Vinegar is an acid, so maybe it's just a little too strong for your skin. And maybe your neck is a bit more sensitve than your scalp? Diluted lemon juice may be a gentler option, if you don't think it would be too drying.

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I use distilled white vinegar in the rinse- a small splash in my 16oz cup, fill cup with water, dump on my head, then rinse with running water.

How much ACV are you using? Maybe you're using too much? Do you rinse with plain water afterwards?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mamas. I'll try the lemon juice on my next wash/rinse day (Sunday or Monday)...right now I use about 1-2 Tblespoons ACV in a big yogurt container mixed with water and then I do a plain water rinse. Thanks for the ideas; I'll let you know what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts