Hey you! Okay, from a completely UNemotional standpoint, I say either 1. screw the class and take it when the baby is older, like 6 months or so, or 2. go on your own and let him work it out when he can go. However, when do people (especially when people is a pregnant woman) approach things from an unemotional standpoint? I can see your desire to have the CPR out of the way...I was glad when I finally did it after Henry was born. I can also certainly see your point that you want your husband to validate your desire to do this together, and I hear that you are feeling like he is choosing these events over you, and your desires and requests. That is most certainly a valid feeling. Now, the question is, how strongly do you want to make this the hill you want to die on?
I wonder how much of this is your projection into the period of time after the baby is born and anticipating, based on his choices now, how he will "rank" you and the child in his life and place you in a place of import. This would be a perfect opportunity for him to answer that unasked but very real question, but also try to remember that, as the dad who isn't carrying the bebe around, he may not feel the same sense of attachment that you feel to the child right now. I know that my DH is the best dad ever, and was immediately in love with Henry, but it didn't happen until Henry appeared in the world. He was solicitous of my pregnancy, and very kind and loving, but there just wasn't a comparison to how he thought of the pregnancy and how he parents.
If this were my situation with my husband, I would probably sit down and figure out why this is important, translate it into man words for him, and have a short but meaningful and dedicated discussion with him about how this is affecting you. Give him a few points about what you want and why, and like I said, it's important that you translate it into man words, or you're going to lose him with the "validate my feelings" kind of talk we understand so well. Then, I would just leave the decision with him. Perhaps tell him, "I very much want you to choose to come with me, for the reasons I outlined above, but I also will not compel you to do so. Will you let me know what your decision is on Xday?" and then truly let it rest. I've found that works very well with my DH, when he has a few days to let it rest and also feels as if the decision is his own, without emotional pressure from me, it surprises me how often he'll join me in my choice.
If he chooses to go, I would be disappointed, and probably angry, but I also would try to keep it in the bigger picture that perhaps he's just needed a last few moments of freedom and untethered-ness before he's a dad forever and ever.