Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am absolutely fried and exhausted. Am I the only one?

Granted we were out late last night. But even so, I was exhausted yesterday before we went out and had to take several naps in the afternoon. Thank goodness I had the day off of work. I am in month 7 and suddenly everything seems SO much harder to do.

I spent about 15-20 minutes sanding some stuff outside today and am whooped.

Maybe I'll go to bed and watch dvds or read a book.

I really don't know how you 2nd time mommas do it!! And I am very impressed with you.

hh

·
Registered
62 Posts
I totally hear you! I feel the same way. Sometimes I even wake up in the morning and I'm already tired! Some days are better than others, but I would say that I'm pretty tired, overall. For me, it started in month 7 too, but as the pregnancy progressed I had more "tired days" than energetic days. I just hit the 9 month mark yesterday!

When I was still in trimester 1, a family friend told me that I would feel really tired in the last trimester. I figured, "okay!" but I had no idea what she meant until I reached the 7th month.

Hang in there, mama! Get as much rest as you can!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Me too. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I remembered I'm almost 26 weeks pg--3rd trimester exhaustion for sure, kicking in. I did a lot this weekend with dd and by myself, all pretty much "fun" stuff, but then I got so fried today I couldn't drag myself to Bradley class. I felt sick and my belly got all tight...don't know if it was B-H or what, but as soon as dh got home I took an hour nap immediately and felt better.

I am so not looking forward to the next few months...I went to 42 weeks with dd and that just seems like a nightmare now.

Did I mention you weren't alone in the exhaustion???

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I am right there with you. The big thing is that between about weeks 28-32 our babies do a HUGE amount of growing. Just gotta try to drink lots of water and get rest while you can. I envy the moms that are only having their first child. I am chasing after two. Hehe! But my dh is wonderful and lets me rest with my feet up and take occasional naps after he gets home from work and on the weekends. Never fear, it will only get worse!
:LOL

Take care Mamas!

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm 37 weeks, and I'm just absolutely dead. I'm sleeping well at night, but if I didn't have dd, I'd probably be sleeping an additonal 4-5 hours a day...and still be tired.

I'm finding it really strange. I've always been tired in the first trimester, but this is the first pregnancy where I'm totally knocked back at the end of it. Of course, this is the first time I've been pregnant with a toddler in the house, too. :LOL

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
yes! that is me--though i am also chasing a 2 year old around...i SO miss the days of my first pregnancy where i could sleep in as long as i wanted, and nap all day if i chose! now i just feel like all i want to do is sleep, but can never seem to get enough. i swear i walk around all day saying, "i'm EXHAUSTED!" i think my dd is getting tired of hearing that LOL.

it doesn't take much either...at 35 weeks, if we go for a 20 minute walk, that is IT for the day...i'm done!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm sorry everyone is so tired, but very glad to hear I'm not alone!!!

I'm 34 weeks here, and thought I could handle one big "activity" a day -- I think this is turning into one big activity a weekend! We went for a walk down a steep path to the beach on Saturday, and then spent four hours at the zoo on Sunday, and by last night, I felt so tired and achy that I could barely move. I felt like I was just having one big long B-H contraction all night! I guess it's time to slow down, huh?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
fiddledebi, I'm with you, DP knows that I can do one "big" thing per day and that's it. If I overdo it, I am in so much pain. Thank goodness that she can take up the majority of care for our now running one year old. I don't know what I'd do otherwise!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.