Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother thinks breastmilk is "dairy"....

Please help me tell her why she is wrong!
This was in reference to me telling her I might need to eliminate dairy from my diet...Mom's response was "that won't eliminate dairy from the baby's diet...all she eats is (breast)milk!"

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can tell your mom that you may need to eliminate "cow's" milk from your diet, which is for calves, not "human" breast milk, which is for human babies. My MIL said the same thing when we found out DS was allergic to cow milk, "I guess you'll have to stop breastfeeding him and just give him formula now." Not quite...

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Ugh, I loathe when people refer to me as the dairy or the cow. I was once leaving a bridal shower and an older woman at my table says, "The cow is leaving," ex-CUSE me??

No, you aren't dairy. Just clarify by telling her you need to eliminate cows milk!

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Hey--for Halloween we went to a party as the voluntary dairy. I make the milk my daughter makes the cheese.
(She used to spit up like crazy.)

It was awesome!

But no. You aren't dairy.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Just say, non-human milk. It's not dairy for the purposes you mean. Like tomatoes are used like a vegtable, even though they are technically a fruit.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Sounds the argument MIL always has about eggs being dairy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.