Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My DS will be 12 months next week and I am STILL swaddling him for naps and nighttime. I'm trying to figure out a way to put him down for sleep differently and easier since he's getting out of his swaddle by the time he wakes up. Here is what I do:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I swaddle him (and as I'm swaddling him he's crying like I'm about to torture him, poor guy) and then nurse and rock him until he falls asleep. I then put him into the crib. He still wakes up anywhere from 3-6 times every night, needing to be either nursed or rocked back to sleep. As much as I want to co-sleep, I can't anymore because if he's even a tiny bit awake, he can't just stay still...he eventually sits up and crawls or just rolls around like crazy and nobody is getting sleep. So I have to swaddle him and put him in his crib to get him to be still and sleep.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd like to eventually be able to just hold him without being swaddled and nurse him down or even just be able to lay him down on the bed with him and have him go to sleep but have no idea how to go about doing this. He's just starting to take steps now so I know this has a part in him waking up a lot. He's also getting heavy (24 pounds) so I can't hold him and rock him for much longer!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions???</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts