Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>............</p>

·
Registered
183 Posts
(((((hugs, hugs hugs and more hugs)))))<br><br>
i have no advice, i love your willingness to do what needs to be done for your children ,but you need to take care of yourself too. I hope you find a solution soon.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I had thrush for over 8 months. Finally I stopped treating my ds other than probiotics and started doing everything for me. That included a restricted diet. It was hard at first because yeah, when thrush has taken over you crave foods that feed the thrush. I did loose weight, ended up about 15 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. It probably took about 3 months total when one day I realized I hadn't had symptoms for awhile.<br><br>
In your case, did you do a whole course of diflucan or just a single treatment? I think if I had done a course followed by all the regular stuff you listed I might have been able to kick it earlier. I would start to slack on treatment when I felt better and then it would flare up.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I had this battle when I lived in Hawaii in a cabin in the rainforest. Who builds a cabin in a rainforest? Anyway, I was nursing two at the time and I finally did an entire series of diflucan (400 mg loading and 100 mg 2x/day for 2 weeks), not just taking a couple of pills. And then I went to the other side of the island to dry out! I washed all my laundry and bedding with baking soda in the wash and vinegar in the rinse and soaked my nursing bras in diluted vinegar water. The GV was a mess and did nothing for us. I continued the baking soda and vinegar in the laundry forever - I can't even remember when I stopped.<br>
I'm trying to remember what else I did but that time in my life was such a blur when my goal in life was to have them nap at the same time!<br>
Good luck to you. I did beat it but I think the diflucan is what did the trick. And I kept it at bay by taking the nutri-biotic GSE with echinacea pills whenever I felt like it might be coming back. I usually took 2 pills 2x/day for a few days to make sure. And I kept up with the laundry regiment too.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I've had good results with oregano capsules, 3x3 daily for 3 weeks, it's quite a long treatment but seems to work on the mothers I've recommended it to, you could maybe give that a go. Big big hugs and hope that it all works out for you.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<p>............</p>

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I have been dealing with thrush as well....um, you are very inspiring, I have a 4 week old, and I am so tempted to throw in the towel, but I continue because I need to.....I am curious about the special diet that you are on....what have you taken out of your diet?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">............</div>
</div>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts