Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the bathroom right before bed last night and discovered blood when I wiped. I've never had any spotting and I'm at 12w 6d.
I felt slightly crampy through the night and this morning too.
There's more blood now (red, not brownish) and I've had to start wearing a pad now. I'm going to call my MW this morning, but it's too early still and she's probably getting her kids out to school.

My first MW appointment is supposed to be next Friday (at 14w) so we've never heard a heartbeat.
I'm not sure what to do at this point...I guess I just wait (?)
Anyone else been through this kind of thing at this point in their pregnancy?
It all feels very surreal right now and I don't know how I feel.. kind of numb, kind of achy.

·
Registered
449 Posts
mama
I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm sorry to say that I went through what you went through at almost 12 weeks in my last pregnancy, and it didn't end well. Usually cramping and blood together doesn't bode well, but maybe you are the exception.
If I were you, I would call my midwife and schedule an u/s.

Mine started on a Sunday, and I didn't want to go to the ER. So I waited until Monday to see anyone - but by that time I was 99% sure I was having a miscarriage. I didn't end up having an u/s because I had passed the baby by the time I could get in to see anyone without going to the ER. I believe my baby miscarried because of severe genetic defects and my midwife said most of the time miscarriages at that stage are from that.

Are you still cramping? What is the extent of the cramping? I know there are a few things at this stage which would cause bleeding that would not be a miscarriage - which is why an ultrasound might be valuable.

As to what you do now, I stayed home with my family, relaxed as much as I could, took a bath, prayed, wrote in a journal, called my friends and family and let my feelings out to them.

I hope it goes allright for you mama, and peace be with you. I hope my experience doesn't cause you too much pain, but I wanted to be straight with you.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you this morning. Please let us know what happens. Take care of yourself.......

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I hope everything's fine with you and baby! I had substantial red bleeding with ds at 14 weeks, so I know that it can be okay. It was terrifying, though. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
658 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you mama! I had bleeding with one of my pregnancies around 12 weeks and everything was fine. I did see the midwife immediately to hear the HB on the doppler, which was mega reassuring.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I just talked to my MW. She told me to get some lobelia and wild yam tinctures, and some sebina homeopatic and start taking those every hour all through the day... and to keep well hydrated, of course. DH is going to go pick them up right now on his way back from work. (Looks like he's having a hard time finding all of them)
Actually, as I was on the phone with her, I felt a small gush of fluid and when I checked, my pad was somewhat saturated with pinkish watery fluid. I have a feeling that might have been my waters breaking.
I'm still cramping on and off... it's not hard cramping. Mostly, mild and achy
I don't think I'll schedule an ultrasound. I'd rather wait and see. I think my body will do what it's going to do regardless of getting and US and I'd rather not go through the stress.
Degas - It does help to hear details of someone else's experience as I don't have any experience with this sort of thing and don't exactly know what to look for.
Thanks for the helpful/supportive words. I'm feeling pretty alone today as my family is all out of town.
I'll check back later.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Are there any friends that could come over and comfort you? I can understand you wanting to wait; I decided not to go to the ER because I knew there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Oddly though, after everything was completed, if I had known I was definately going to miscarry at the time, I may have wanted an u/s before the baby passed to be able to see the baby and make it more real, I guess. You would think seeing the baby after it passed would do that, but it didn't look like a baby - it was just the right size and shape. On the other hand, I was really worried about possible bad effects from u/s, especially vaginal ones - so I probably didn't need that extra worry either.

to you. PM me if you would like to.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Lots of hugs and hoping for the best for you. I had a similar experience to Degas and we DID get an u/s but the baby was small (9 wks @ 12.5 wks) and I had to go through horrendous grief with strangers around me trying to give me medical treatment. I just wanted to go home and curl up and hide.

Lots of light and hope coming your way.

Jen

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm so sorry you're going through this
. Red bleeding and cramping is not generally a good sign but the water breaking (if that is what happened) if def not hopeful. I hope it was nothing and that this isn't a miscarriage

·
Registered
449 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boobs4milk View Post
Lots of hugs and hoping for the best for you. I had a similar experience to Degas and we DID get an u/s but the baby was small (9 wks @ 12.5 wks) and I had to go through horrendous grief with strangers around me trying to give me medical treatment. I just wanted to go home and curl up and hide.

Lots of light and hope coming your way.

Jen
I hadn't thought about having to experience grief in front of everyone; I'm very private in grief, and I definately wouldn't have wanted that.
to you again kobee. I hope that there is someone who can give you a hug in person.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had one miscarriage at 8 weeks and it was just lots of red blood over in about 12 hours. With my 3rd pregnancy I started bleeding heavily at 10 weeks 3 days (soak a nightime pad in 2 hours amount of blood). I had only very mild cramping. The ultrasound showed baby healthy but I had to giant blood clots between the placenta and my uterus. My placenta was the size of an apple and the blood clots were the size of 2 walnuts. Not good odds. They told me I had a 20% chance of carrying my baby and then he would be born early. I took it easy and still bled until 30 weeks and went on to have him at home 8 days late. Just for a positive story in there. Hope is bares well for you.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
HUGS I am sorry that you are going through this

There is a really nice informative thread in the pregnancy and loss forum on what exactly to expect during a miscarriage. Some of the stories are a little scary but overall I found it to be helpful during my miscarriages.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Oh, no! I am hoping everything ends well for you & the baby is fine.
: I'll be thinking of you today.
I'm so sorry you're going through this stress & sadness.

·
Registered
499 Posts
That is so scary.
Hang in there mama. I know it's hard.
Please keep us posted.
Keeping you in my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.