Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for the past week (DD is 7 weeks old today!) she has been sleeping six hour stretches at night (generally from about 11pm-5am) until I wake her to eat. Am I nuts to wake her up? It just makes me nervous to have her go more than six hours considering that until this week, it had been her norm to wake every 2-4 hours.

She is gaining fine (up to 13 lbs from 8lbs at birth) and we bed share, so I know I'm not sleeping through any wakings.

What to do mamas?

I also know that I will fret about this only to have her start waking every hour tonight, lol.

· Premium Member
2,708 Posts
The rule of thumb I was given by the LC was if DD had 8 or more feedings during the day, I could let her sleep 5-6 hours at night.

I busted my butt to do 8-10 a day and then still nursed her at night.
Couldn't win for losing.

But you're probably okay. Just be sure you're nursing a lot during the day.

V

· Registered
1,942 Posts
My DS who is just about to turn 6 weeks has been going for about 5-6 hours at night between 11-5 as well. He usually marathon feeds right before and nurses frequently during the day so I let him keep the schedule and enjoy that stretch of sleep.

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post
My DS who is just about to turn 6 weeks has been going for about 5-6 hours at night between 11-5 as well. He usually marathon feeds right before and nurses frequently during the day so I let him keep the schedule and enjoy that stretch of sleep.

My 13 week old is the same way. She's been sleeping a 5-7 hour stretch at night since about 2 weeks old, and then she nurses like a madwoman during the day. Enjoy the sleep while you can!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.