Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a home pregnancy test work if I am 12 months PP and haven't gotten my period back? A few days ago all the signs were present for fertility... I just started doing internal observations 2 weeks ago. For the past two days my temps have been way above normal. I know that it could just be a coincidence. But I'm still nervous. I have wanted to be pregnant for a while now but, there weren't any signs of ovulation. DH wanted to wait a few more months too. Wow I'm really nervous. Anyway, will a pregnany test work?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Yes, a pregnancy test will work. I'm not sure why you would think it wouldn't? The hormones during pregnancy & nursing are different and once you give birth the hcg hormone detected in pregnancy leaves your body shortly after birth.

Keri

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks, Thats exactly what I wasn't sure about.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Yes, the hpt will work, but you'll need to wait a bit since you say you had fertility signs just a few days ago (ie, you would have likely O'd in the last few days). It takes about 8-14 days for the hcg to show up in your urine. So if you're feeling preg symptoms in a couple weeks, definitely take a hpt and find out yay or nay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.