Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE them. tri-fold soakers, that is. They seem soooo bulky to me.

My favorite type of soaker is the petal design - you know, where there are two layers of soakers and they are sewn together at the top, so they lay nicely but are easier to dry.

Am I the only person who HATES tri-fold soakers? I will buy SOME diapers that have them, but not most. It's a personal issue maybe. :LOL

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I don't like them either. Sometimes they seem bulky but mostly I just think they are a PITA. I like the concept of getting really clean and drying quickly but I don't like trifolding anything--soakers or inserts. So it's not just you! :LOL

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Hate em!

The only trifolds that I have ever really liked are from http://txbluebonnetdipes.wahmart.com/store/Default.asp, and then only the suedecloth/hemp ones, cause they lay flat.

Of course, now they offer a contour soaker option that I really prefer over the suedecloth, so no more trifolds here!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Nope, it's not just you. I think the make for a very bulky diaper. AND I hate folding them. I just want a contour shaped soaker that is sewn in, snaps in or even just lay in... As long as there is no folding I'm fine with it!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I love them and here's why...
1) if they're fleece topped the fleece that gets folded under and around the sides helps add another barrier against wicking at the legs if we're talking AIO's.
Anytime I have a wicking AIO (not mine, of course....others I've tried
) I use a fleece topped trifold and it buys me a lot more time.

2)The extra thickness of a trifold helps prevent the dreaded soaker taco....you know, where the soaker folds up like a taco in the front and the pee misses it in grand style.

3)We have disgustingly soft water and it is darn near impossible to get dipes rinsed. I'm always greatful for less layers to worry about rinsing/getting clean.

I don't mind the little bit of extra thickness that a tri-fold adds. Now if they were really wide it might be another story. They do have a lot of soaking power, though!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I could do without them.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I am just the opposite. I love them. My fave diapers are Muttaqin which have snap in soakers. They work the best with my little girl and she doesn't leak through nearly as quickly as with some of her other diapers. We do a lot of fitteds with no cover at home so it makes a huge difference to me!

Jessica

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I like them for stuffing pockets, but otherwise I prefer contours. I don't much like the petal design either, just plain contours - lay in or snap in, but not sewn in because they seem to flop around more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.