Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hello all, I have a 6 mo. old daughter. On Saturday, I purchased a beco butterfly II, mainly because of the pouch like thing in which baby sits and also, it felt like I couldn't even tell that she was in it in the store model. We came home in the organic cotton version and boy, it feels so miserable in the front carry. I am only 5'3", and the waist band keeps interfering with my legs movement, the straps are too close to my underarms (I have tried to tighten and loosen it; moved the chest clip up and down, tightened, loosened it, tightened, loosened waist band, raised, lowered it), and I don't feel like it is heavy but there is something distinctly uncomfortable. We tried the ergo on too, but I was sold on the longer body of the beco, thinking that it'll last us for longer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD keeps pulling back from me to look around and up into my face and that isn't helping. I used a bjorn before and it was so high that she couldn't pull away from me that far. Also, in the beco, when I sit down, she can literally go backwards far enough to be almost perpendicular to my torso or in my lap! I mainly bought it for when I go on a metro (there aren't elevators, only stairs and/or narrow escalators) or a bus, because our city mini takes up so much space on a bus. If I can't sit in it, we have a problem! Plus, she fell asleep in it today, and carrying back a Dr. Bronner's soap bottle and holding her head - I was wishing that I had never left home, like Dorothy. Also, I wish the padded portion of the straps extends further.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known problem? What can I do to fix it? I am planning to go back to the store sometime this week and exchanging it. But what to exchange for? They don't take returns.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Would ergo be better? Or beco gemini, perhaps? Or ergo sport?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
<p>I just got a Beco Butterfly 2 as well and my impression is that it is very fiddly to adjust and get comfortable, but once you do, it works quite well.  The person I bought it from helped me adjust mine properly.  She has some tips on her website here:</p>
<p><a href="http://www.theportablebaby.com/becobabycarriers.html" target="_blank">http://www.theportablebaby.com/becobabycarriers.html</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you have a local babywearing group, someone there can probably help you adjust it as well.</p>
<p>Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Wow, thanks! I was fiddling around with it earlier and it looks like using the hood really helps because she keeps pulling away otherwise!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That is a very detailed link. I so wanted to absolutely love my beco. I think I'll figure it out with advice I get here.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts