Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a recommendation for a website that sells amber teething necklaces? I want to make sure I buy from a reputable site and that I actually get what I am expecting (not a knock off).

Also, how has yours worked for you?

Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
We have noticed a difference in the fussiness of our 6 month old since she started wearing her amber necklace about a month ago. I don't know where you are, but we are in Canada and ordered it from maplerose.ca, in Nelson, BC.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RebeccaWo View Post
Inspired by Finn is great. Honestly, I haven't noticed if the necklace has alleviated DD's teething fussiness. But, it looks cute!

Also, the lighter the amber bead the more effective.

I second Inspired by Finn! And DD's necklace has been a huge help....20 minutes after putting it on during a nasty night of teething and it was like a different (happy!!!) child!

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderMum View Post
I second Inspired by Finn! And DD's necklace has been a huge help....20 minutes after putting it on during a nasty night of teething and it was like a different (happy!!!) child!
I third Inspired by Finn and completely agree with SpiderMum, they do help!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been looking into amber teething necklaces for months now. Even if they don't work, they are so darn cute!

I know they say it varies by user, but what is the typical length to order for say a 20 lb 6 month old? Or rather, what size have you ordered and been happy with? Also, everything goes into my ds mouth, how do you prevent your baby from wanting to chew on the necklace?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Inspired by Finn doesn't have the color I want right now. So if I choose another site, how do I know its a reputable site and truly giving me real amber?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I second Inspired by Finn, but I also have ordered from Nova Naturals. They have been around for quite some time, are reputable and very easy to work with/order from.
As for the lengths, my 18mo still wears her 'infant length' from Nova.
Its usually infant, youth, adult type sizing.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I found one really cheap on Ebay, actually. It's just as cute as any at Inspired by Finn and much cheaper. I think I paid $8 for it, including shipping. I don't know if it works (she's not teething yet), but it sure does look cute on her.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
question: are they supposed to be able to chew on these necklaces??

The reason I ask is I keep seeing the necklaces, but then the seller says, "Not to be chewed on" so I don't know what's going on.

Also, inspired by finn isn't selling any right now

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyDOK View Post
question: are they supposed to be able to chew on these necklaces??

The reason I ask is I keep seeing the necklaces, but then the seller says, "Not to be chewed on" so I don't know what's going on.

Also, inspired by finn isn't selling any right now

Thats odd that she isn't carrying any now... I am sure she will stock up and have them again soon.

No, they are not supposed to chew on them, the stones are a softer type of stone and babe can possibly break a piece off and choke. The stones are supposed to come in contact with the skin so they can release their oils so the skin can absorb them. I think the oil is called succinic acid and it has analgesic properties that help with pain. Wear the amber closer to the source of pain for better relief, thus the teething necklace.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
thank you ali for letting me know....I was very confused.

I guess I'm looking for a chewing necklace. My older dd made a beaded necklace at school and my baby keeps trying to chew on it, so I thought amber would be perfect bc I don't like the idea of plastic bc I don't know if it's bpa free or not. Any ideas on that? I've seen the big round silicone donut necklace, but I don't think that interests my baby as much as a bunch of beads on a necklace. Keep me posted if anyone knows of such a thing. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Maybe a nursing necklace would work? They are made for the babe to play whit while nursing but I am sure they aren't made of anything harmful to baby... I would think they could with stand a chewing baby but I could be wrong?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.