Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD#2 (1 year in a week!) is cutting her molars and is miserable, nursing nonstop all night long which means I'm miserable, too. She also loves putting DD#1's and my necklaces on, so I was considering getting an amber necklace for her as a Christmas present. Anyone found that these truly help with teething pain? Recommendations for reputable sources? I understand that amber is easy to imitate and the "fakes" won't help with teething.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I can't remember where I bought mine, but I did buy "Baltic amber" online, and it was shipped from....Belgium??? Can't remember now... Anyway, I loved the necklace, but I can't admit to noticing a difference when my daughter was and wasn't wearing it. Genetically, I think maybe my kids just don't have a lot of pain with teething--not that the amber didn't work, just maybe that my kids didn't need it.<br><br>
...I still completely love the necklace I bought her and will keep it forever and ever. ...My husband doesn't like her to wear it, though, as, now that she climbs on and jumps off of everything, he's afraid she'll catch it on something and choke.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My ds wears one and when he refused for awhile I noticed a big difference. I got mine through Inspired by Finn.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I barely noticed when my dd (also one yr old in less than 2 weeks) got her first 8 teeth. She seemed to be in minimal pain. She has some of the larger back teeth coming in now and her gums are incredibly swollen but she seems to be ok for the most part. I forget she is teething half the time.<br><br>
She has worn a honey colored amber necklace since she was a couple of weeks old. I wont take it off her until all her teeth are in. I notice a huge difference from my first daughter's teething experience.<br><br>
I also got mine from Inspired by Finn.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is where I got DD's. <a href="http://www.amberartisans.com/" target="_blank">http://www.amberartisans.com/</a><br><br>
She wears it every day and it has helped A LOT. I was skeptical at first - didn't think I could tell a difference. Then we accidentally left it at my mom's house and went w/o for a week - ACK! She was so miserable! It definitely worked for us.<br><br>
I also give her Camilia drops by Boiron when she is in a lot of pain and can't seem to calm down. They are especially helpful at bedtime or when she can't be distracted out of her fussiness.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried one that I bought at Inspird by Finn and it didn't seem to make a difference with her first few teeth. Maybe I will try it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts