Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our kids will be 21 months apart when baby is born. Our dd used a cosleeper and we all loved it. She is now side carred to our bed in a crib. To prevent her from falling out of bed when she gets up, we have only our mattress on top of the box spring. Works great now, but when baby comes, if we tried to use the cosleeper, I wouldn't be high enough up to see the baby during the night by just looking over like I was when the bed was all put together. I loved the accessibility of my daughter to nurse (not having to leave the bed or move much to get her), so my question is should we just buy a crib to side car to the other side of our bed so the kids are separate and baby would be accessible or would you recommend an Amby baby?<br><br>
FYI...We don't want baby IN bed with us at this point, so we're not considering that option.<br><br>
Thanks!!

·
Banned
46 Posts
I have an Amby bed, and it's wonderful! My baby had a hard time sleeping next to me because she got too hot, and I had a hard time sleeping deeply. So, we bought the Amby and it's great. we had it next to our bed until she started sleeping through the night, at about two months, now she is in her own room. Just bounce them right to sleep! No crying in the crib, or if they awake from being startled or something, just reach over and bounce them a little, and they go right back to sleep.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
weve moved D3, 16 mo, into a double bed on the floor with no frame in her own room, out of a sidecarred crib. I preferred the sidecar crib to cosleeping, to be honest. New baby will be in a sidecar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts