Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! Our DS is 7 months old and has slept in an amby baby since birth. Though most nights he does sleep a few hours in our bed. The amby is set up right next to the bed. He is 24lbs & 30 inches & is getting too big for the amby. When he sleeps in our bed he streches out his arms & sometimes rolls onto his stomach & sleeps but in the Amby he seems really smushed in there. He naps pretty good - 2-3 naps a day & usually one of them is 2+ hours long. The 2nd ranges form 30 min to 1hr. At night he wakes up a few times a night & I usually breastfeed him back to sleep & move him back to the amby. Once its around 4-5 in the morning I keep him in our bed b/c if he wakes when I move him then he wants to play. Anyhow....<br><br>
So, we tried on Friday to transition him to the crib - which is upstairs in his nursery (our bedroom is downstairs). He napped for about an hour in it & then woke up crying. At night, it was really hard to get him down. Each time I put him in the crib he woke up & then was up. Once he was down he slept about an hour & woke up screaming. My DH rocked him back to sleep, put him in the crib on his stomach. DS rolled to his back & hit his head on the rail & then was screaming again. We got him back in there for about half an hour & then more screaming. After that we brought him back downstairs to the amby. I don't think he knows how to settle himself in the crib - plus he keeps hitting his head. In the Amby he can just bounce a little & go back to sleep.<br><br>
Has anyone had any luck transitioning from an Amby to a crib??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts