Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So what's the verdict - safe or not?  I found something that says the company is no longer in business and anyone who has an Amby and/or repair kit should destroy it.  Then I found one of their websites still up and selling hammocks.  I have read that there was user error in the deaths associated with it, then on an Amby site it says there have been NO deaths or injuries associated with their product.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have one, never used, and a repair kit.  I was going to ebay it, but I don't know if I should just throw it? </p>

·
Registered
91 Posts
<p>Used it and absolutely loved it! I found it to be perfectly safe. You just have to put it together correctly and use a bit of common sense. At the time I asked the manufacturer about the deaths and they said that in both cases the babies were unwell and the hammocks hadn't been put together right, plus one of them was in a hot laundry room. When I considered buying one I also looked at other baby hammocks and I saw some that looked quite unsafe. The Amby hammock was definitely the safest looking one out of all the ones I looked at. </p>

·
Registered
720 Posts
<p>I'm wondering if there are any updates to this thread? I used the Amby with my first before the recall and would like to use it again with my second, using the new product enhancements they created after the recall.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone using an Amby or have any updates about its safety?</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts