Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just wondering what those of you who use or have used the Amby Baby Hammock think about my baby's sleep issues. He is currently 5 mo. and usually sleeps anywhere from 1-6 hrs. in his swing the first part of the night because he gets congested if he lays down flat all night. The rest of the night we co-sleep. He definitely sleeps deeper and longer in his swing than when he is in the bed, where he wakes up every 45 min-2 hrs. I tried having him sleep with a wedge in the bassinet and he didn't go for that AT ALL. He also sleeps better sometimes if he is swaddled (upper body only). So I am thinking that getting an Amby may be a good idea, as he is nearing 20 lbs. and is outgrowing his swing. Any thoughts on whether or not an Amby would be helpful since it is a big expense?

TIA!
Meghan

·
Registered
779 Posts
I actuallly just got mine four days ago. We got it because Big Man is just now 6 mths and if he sleeps longer than 45 min at a time it is a miracle. He has reflux and we did all the same things as you CS, elevated his co sleeper matress, our dr even had us give him 6cc of benydyrl, nothing works. He is a big boy too, 23 lbs. He has not come close to sleeping through the night in it but he likes it. He will fall asleep on his own intially and will sleep longer, up to three hours at best but he just got his first two teeth at once so... I recommend it, it has not hurt and is a great help at helping feel secure enough to get through the night... one day.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Amby Baby Hammock
Get the Baby Hammock! I read your post to my dh and we said, "is she talking about our dd?!" Luckily we bought the Amby when our first dc was 7 months old because he would not lay down to sleep. Someone had to be holding him all the time. Now with dd, who is 5 months and sounds exactly like your ds, stuffy nose and everything. We actually had the hammock set up in our bedroom and forgot about it.
Then just last week I said, "OMG, the hammock!" I layed her in it for her nap and she slept peacefully. She took a two hour nap in it yesterday.
She is sound asleep in it upstairs right now. A few times I hear her fuss and run upstairs to bounce her back to sleep or nurse her and she has put herself back to sleep! I don't know what we would do without it.
It is well worth the money and we take ours everywhere. I think it has been on at least 10 flights and several car trips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.