Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the good fortune to be a tester for a MaiMaiBB wool cover with alpaca serging and it so ROCKS! The alpaca is so SOFT and fluffy and the cover itself is a really trim 2 layer wool gabardine. It is smooth and soft and fits under "regular" clothes-Wow! That was big for us because I usually just use my harleyz or VBs under regular pants. This is seriously as trim as the single layer wooly bully I got of the TP. I think Amber is doing some hand dyeing and even dyeing the alpaca thread
As a triple bonus Amber is a sweetheart and mdc mama as well
I am so on the look out for when she starts selling fitteds as well-I got to see a preview and they look like the squishiest little things! I don't know if I am allowed to say details but her sewing is flawless and they looked just like the trimest underwear-so comfy looking!

Here's the link:

www.maimaibb.com

And here is the link to my album:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/senali...lbum?.dir=5eec

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Andrea - another one of my fav WAHMs!
I completely agree with your take on Amber and her covers. We too were lucky enough to be testers. And I love it - it washes up great too since Gunner keeps testing it by pooping on it

I love the details she used - the cover smelled so wonderful when I pulled it out and the card with care instructions was attached to teh cover around the snap which I loved.
Amber is one of the sweetest WAHMs I have encountered. I have seen pix of her fitted and am dying for her to finish so we can buy them.
I think she is supposed to be stocking this week.
I have pix of Gunner in them but for some reason I cant post pix here is anyone wants to see I can send a link.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Helene you got to test too? We are both lucky ducks!

I was excited to hear about her hand dyeing-it looks beautiful. I know she is from a family of seamstresses and so I am excited to see her results! The stuff on the website looks Bee-yoo-tee-full!

Oh, I have been a eucalan person until I got this cover too. It smelled delicious! I had to ask her what it was, she told me it was honey almond from monkey sudz so I got a wow bar, the lanolin spray and body wash for me-hehe! Yes, the card tied on the alpaca thread was a great touch as well
I was so impressed when I slid it out of the envelope.

I didn't know about the stocking this week-I'll have to check back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.