Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds is almost 6 months old, and I was still having a lot of pain during sex. I went back to the doctor. I was diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis. The symptoms are simply red, sore, inflamed skin in that area. They don't know the cause. It's not exculsive to post partum women. I was given a topical steroid cream and Singulair, and also lidocaine to numb the spot so we can have pain-free sex during the treatment.<br><br>
Anyone else heard of this? I was quite pleased to have an explanation and treatment. We just kept trying, and it would hurt, and it was just stressful. And we would just wonder how or when it would ever go away!<br><br>
I just wanted to share, b/c I know I'm not the only one who experiences pain. I've seen lots of posts about it. My advice FWIW, don't wait it out. Go get it checked out.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I was diagnosed with that a long time ago, but it wasn't my real problem. I'm glad the treatment is working for you.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
i was diagnosed with this and vaginismus a while ago. for me it was really vaginismus and not vulvar vestibulitis and my gynecologist realized that it was probably that and so my treatment was different but very effective.

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
I'm glad that you got some treatment, and I hope it's working for you. Be careful with that lidocaine, though. My husband got those "high endurance" condoms once and wore one without realizing that it had a small dose of lidocaine in it, and he wasn't able to have an orgasm (they're used for men with premature ejaculation issues). So, I'd recommend that your husband use a lubricated condom if you're using the lidocaine on your vagina, just so that you can both enjoy yourselves, kwim?<br><br>
sorry if this was TMI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts