Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found this board, and it seems like a great place to post!! hope you all don't mind me joining in.

after dealing with fertility treatments and other such insanity, we are finally pregnant with #1! i'm 5wks today and am due on/around march 26. so far so good... no spotting, no cramping, just the constant peeing and the full, achy boobs (loving the fullness, being a 34b to start!

i'd love to try for a natural birth. i plan on co-sleeping, breastfeeding, all that good stuff... so it seems like i will be in good company here. the husband and i live in the philly burbs with our two dogs and can't wait to get our little family started!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
I think we may be due dates buddies :)
well thats according to what i calculated, lets see what the doc says tomorrow.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone! i just got back from my u/s and we saw the gestational sac... it's not much, but i am beyond thrilled
this baby is SO wanted!

paisley - it's the name of a song by the band phish. i used to follow them around back in the day, and divided sky just kinda stuck as a good name to use on bboards and stuff online since

again, thanks so much for making me feel so welcome... can't wait to start posting more!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Divided sky, the wind blows high! I was hoping it might be a Phish reference.
I toured mostly west coast plus Vegas and NYC from Summer 97 to those first last shows at Shoreline, so that was what, Fall 01? We'll have to chat music.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh - most definitely!!!

i did east coast pretty much all of '96 - '01, with the frequency tapering down toward '01... i'd say i probably did most of my touring around '98-'99? those were the days... very very fun, but i don't think i could do it again now! glad i did it when i did

the band i'm seeing most nowdays is lotus (www.lotusvibes.com). who have you been seeing lately?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dividedsky
i just found this board, and it seems like a great place to post!! hope you all don't mind me joining in.

after dealing with fertility treatments and other such insanity, we are finally pregnant with #1! i'm 5wks today and am due on/around march 26. so far so good... no spotting, no cramping, just the constant peeing and the full, achy boobs (loving the fullness, being a 34b to start!

i'd love to try for a natural birth. i plan on co-sleeping, breastfeeding, all that good stuff... so it seems like i will be in good company here. the husband and i live in the philly burbs with our two dogs and can't wait to get our little family started!
We're very similar--I'm PG with #1...5 weeks today! I, too, am peeing all the time.
We'll be AP, too (but two cats instead of two dogs...)

Look forward to getting to know ya!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks colleen! what a ride this will be with the first one, eh? so glad to have some like-minded women to share it with

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:

oh - most definitely!!!

i did east coast pretty much all of '96 - '01, with the frequency tapering down toward '01... i'd say i probably did most of my touring around '98-'99? those were the days... very very fun, but i don't think i could do it again now! glad i did it when i did

98-99 were my favorite years too. I can still remember hearing my first Fee at the Gorge (there was this guy who had split open a trash bag and was using it like a cape to run down the hill and catch air, so I kept seeing him flying out of the corner of my eye the whole song, but that's another story
). Did you by chance go to NYE at MSG 98/99? That was the only east coast run I did. Perhaps we might have passed by each other there.

Quote:

the band i'm seeing most nowdays is lotus (www.lotusvibes.com). who have you been seeing lately?
After Phish, I did a bunch of local festivals and shows and then I got into Panic and ran around the Rockies and the South doing that for a bit. But since I got pregnant with #1 (late 02), it's mostly been just me and my tape deck.
Always have my eyes open for any Other Ones and Phil shows though. Off to go check out that Lotus site!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts