Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I guess I lurk here often, and I think I may have even posted in this forum a couple of times. Usually I use the search function for any and every aspect of my mothering life, but without said function, I've been posting more in order to get feedback for various things. Anyway, I don't know what I am - unschool vs relaxed hs - but I have a 5 year old dd and a 20 mo ds. I have no curriculum planned, we are currently reading the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (I'm reading it to dd while ds naps), playing on starfall often (ds is addicted), lots of outdoors playtime, play money, counting etc... okay I guess I am unschooling. We go to a craft club for hsers once a month, and belong to the e-mail group so we get local events for hsers, but I do rely on this forum for a lot of my information/commiseration kwim? Okay, so that's it. I'm sure this year I will have lots of questions and moments of self-doubt, so I will be posting often.

Tara

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by taralv
we are currently reading the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (I'm reading it to dd while ds naps),
My kids love that book! Are you going to read the whole series?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. It's nice to come out of lurkdom. Anyway, I would like to finish the series (the Chronicles of Narnia) because I read them as a child, young adult and even again in my twenties. I love the series, and this is the first chapter book that I've read to dd that she actually asks me to read more chapters when we are done for the day (usually 2 ch a day due to time). She loves it. We just finished Charlotte's Web, and although she liked it, too many aspects of the language just went over her head. It was good because she would ask "what does that mean" and then we could talk about it, but it kind of messed up the flow of reading the story. Okay, that's all from me for now.

Tara

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
The Wizard of Oz is a good chapter book for younger kids, too. The story is easy to follow and the writing is VERY descriptive.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Linda. That's one I'd forgotten about. DD loves the movie (although she used to be scared of the witch).

Tara

1 - 9 of 9 Posts