Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm posting here, not in the WAHM/WOHM forums b/c this is targeted at potential guests, not business people</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm putting together a tasting/open house to launch a good friend's new baking business.  She makes high end desserts & will home deliver locally for people's holidays, dinner parties, etc.  The goal is to sell her & her desserts & get her name & reputation out there. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thus far, about four of us (friends of hers) will pool our local contacts & invite just about everyone we know locally to come for dessert tasting and wine/coffee at my house.  It's going to be for 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon with enough time to place Christmas orders.  She's planning to have made up little jars of her spiced nuts to sell on the spot, plus have samples of a variety of her baked goods.  She may or may not have a very basic website up & running by then.  Depending on that, she'll either have simple business cards, or a flier with her wares, prices & contact info.  Other than the desserts, we'll have seltzer, prosecco, wine & coffee.  We're going for sophisticated & festive.  I won't have my Christmas tree up, but will have some of the Christmas garland & lights up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts?  Criticisms, suggestions?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!!</p>

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
<p>If I were going I would want the flier with the products and prices listed over the business card. Good luck to her!</p>

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
<p>It sounds great, my only suggestion would be to definitely have the website up, even just a place holder with her contact info and a picture or description of what she does. If I enjoyed her desserts and was thinking of ordering any I would be more inclined to check out her website than to save a business card. Also, you didn't mention this (I think) but I would have a place for people to write their contact info and after the party for her email everyone thanking them and offering them some sort of incentive (like 10% off or a free pie when they make another purchase, etc...) Also, what about a contest at the party? maybe to get them to sign the mailing list? like, "when you sign up here you enter yourself into a contest to take home this gorgeous chocolate cake!"</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts