Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps you ladies from the Richmond area can help out here....<br><br>
My mom and dad are coming to town next weekend for my birthday (from NY)...and they wanted me to find a place to have dinner Saturday night... We want to stay away from the chain restaurants.... When DH and I lived in Fredericksburg there were WONDERFUL restaurants in the historic downtown area (my fave being Renato's! lol).... I'm looking for something along those lines... Something privately owned...with very good food...that's not too stuffy and will not frown upon the presence of my toddler!.... (price is not an issue as DH and I are not paying! LOL)...<br><br>
When we were driving back from the David Copperfield show a few weeks ago, we drove up Main St. for the first time and it looked like there might be some decent restaurants there.... same with Cary St.....I just don't know the area well enough to weed through the copious listings I get when I do a search online! LOL<br><br>
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Accapella on Broad St. in Church Hill has alot of atmosphere and good food. It is in a historic building, has good wine, and won't look down on kids (even though it seems fancy). It's also not really trendy. We also like Capitol Ale House, not as fancy, but still ok for kids with good food. The downtown one has more atmosphere, while the west end one is bigger and has more beers.<br><br>
Happy birthday and have fun!<br>
Erin

·
Premium Member
16,735 Posts
Srtawberry st is good and so are many of the rrs on Main st. Indochine is one of my fave rrs and it's in Carytown...<br><br>
if you like mexican food, Su Casa is my fave, it is on Broad st near Malvern and is very reasonably priced (so you may wan't to waituntil you're paying yor own bill LOL)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks to those of you who posted!!<br>
We ended up going to Limani Fish Grill on Cary Street... It was absolutely amazing! (if you are a fish lover!)<br>
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts