Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

We had our anatomical scan today and everything looks great! The baby was moving all around and wouldn't stay still, we had two u/s techs looking at different things and they both had a hard time getting measurements because the baby would just not stay still...
DH and I loved watching the babe moving all around - I guess it confirms why I have been feeling movement since 16weeks....

I mentioned to the tech that DH was born with a heart murmur, so they took extra special care when examining the heart. Toward the end they were having a hard time finding the four ventricles of the heart so they called in the OB on duty....he came in took a look, proclaimed the heart looks great so far and THEN started to lecture me on how the baby is in a breech position and if the baby doesn't flip I am going to have to have a c-section!!! -- and that wasn't it...he proceeded to list off the statistics of how breech babies that are born vaginally have a much higher rate of neurological problems than breech babies that are born by c-section...I was flipping mad
....I mean come on I am only 20 weeks along, the baby has 20 weeks to prepare to be born! I think he thought he needed to lecture us because I am seeing a midwife, not an OB (I had to go to the local hospital for my u/s, since my MW doesn't have a machine).....ughh....I hope I don't have to deal with an OB for any of my children....

But anyway, it was fabulous to see the babe and to know that everything is going well!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Very exciting that you got to see the baby! Sounds wonderful.

That OB is such an idiot. The baby is still able to turn somersaults and he is lecturing you about position? Luckily, you know better, but I feel bad for his patients who don't and could be gearing up for a c-section based on the baby's position at 20 weeks. Yikes!

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Congrats on your scan! And that OB musta hatched from an egg, a rotten one because all he sais is "Quack Quack Quack"!

*sigh*

///must wait till week 24 to get my US done...30 minute drive away....because I wanna know the gender...silly gender selecting people and stupid hosptials interjecting their morality on others...

·
Registered
766 Posts
So first of all, congratulations on a healthy little baby!!

What a strange and condescending comment from that OB! You probably saw your baby doing somersaults on the scan and here he is lecturing you about breech position???? The thing that sucks is that he probably has patients that actually listen to him!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congrats on a good scan!

Now for the rant! This is a prime example of how OBs and some other caregivers start in on the "you have to rely on us if you want a healthy baby" lectures. They make you start wondering about everything, worrying about everything, and the next thing you know you give in to everything they want to do. UGGHH! I'm glad that you see the signs now and understand how idiotic it was for him to do that. So many moms fall for it!!!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Yea on the good report! Boo on the stupid OB. What DR in their right mind is concerned about breech positions at 20 weeks along?
: Still, glad everything went well!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by She2dancer
We had our anatomical scan today and everything looks great!
Hooray! Funny about the wiggly baby... Mine SLEPT through the whole thing! The OB was trying to get him to move so he could get a 3D profile (which I really didn't care whether we got one or not), and the boy just kept sleeping! Hopefully he'll still be that good a sleeper when he comes out. DS#1 is and always has been a really good sleeper, so I do worry that #2 is not going to sleep at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by She2dancer
he proceeded to list off the statistics of how breech babies that are born vaginally have a much higher rate of neurological problems than breech babies that are born by c-section
And I wonder how many of those babies have neurological problems because the OB was pulling the baby out instead of keeping "hands off the breech" as midwives will often tell you to do!
:

You have every right to rant! That's unbelieveable that he's threatening C-section at 20 weeks for a breech baby. Ugh! Babies are often breech or transverse at 20 weeks! Mine was head down, but he just likes hanging out that way already (so he can use my bladder as a punching bag
- DS#1 did this too!).

·
Registered
961 Posts
OMG! That is so weird that the OB went off at this point about breech. I mean, my baby was flipping every which way, it's not like they don't have room to move at this point!
:

Glad everything else looked good!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
: Hooray for happy, bouncy, healthy baby!!!
:

blech for the doc giving you a bad time; I think you're right about him just trying to get to you since you're seeing a MW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts