Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told you I came here to complain

Started last night with sore throat, then stuffy nose - has now progressed to a really stiff neck and overall body soreness. If I thought I was tired before - that was nothing.

So - I'm trying to take Vit C, and I usually take Echinacea tincture in tea with Capsicum....but I can't even stomach the thought of drinking a cup of tea right now, and the tincture on its own sounds fairly revolting too.

What is preg safe and will help me feel better? I've still got to shop for DH.

Boohoo Hooo. Poor me

Jeanette

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ugh, I know exactly what you are going through! Same thing happened to me at 7 weeks pregnant. It lasted for two weeks and I did not feel comforatble taking anything. It was horrible. After one full week of being sick I visited the Dr to be sure I did not have an infection and she prescribed me Zyrtec. I brought home samples but never took them. Researched it a little and decided I would tough it out. Teas with honey helped a little. I did not find much relief in anything though.

I feel for you!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
echinacea, miso soup with shitake mushrooms, elderberry, I think we're actually supposed to be careful with overdosing on vit c. Not sure why. Normally I just drink that Emergen - C stuff all day when I feel it coming on. I think you could also take that homeopathic flu stuff, but you might want to double check with a homeopathic pharmacy first. I've been unable to take my elderberry (Sambucol) or echinacea, though. Gives me the shivers! Drink extra water! (am i the only one having trouble drinking water now? I'm drinking waaay less than usual and am feeling it, but I just CAN'T!).

Hope you feel better soon...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.