Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend were reading the most heartbreaking article on yahoo - about a Marine who is charged with killing his 3 month old son. His wife died after having the baby - the actual quote from the article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061122/..._s_baby_killed

Quote:
In August, Quiroz deployed to a training camp in Kuwait with the Ninth Communication Battalion from Camp Pendleton. He was called home three days later with the news that his wife had given birth to a boy, but had suffered an aneurysm after breast feeding the child.

My friend thinks that means that the aneurysm was caused by breastfeeding - I think that she happened to have the aneurysm after nursing...

Any ideas???? Is it just poorly worded? I'm trying to talk my friend into bfing her next child so I would hate for this to be a turnoff LOL

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I doubt the breastfeeding and the aneurism are related events. It happening after breastfeeding is just a timing issue - probably trauamatic to the child, but the wording makes it seem like a causal relationship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.