Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen these mentioned here quite a bit and i like the looks of them. they seem similar in style to the little lanes cotton print aios. my question is- has anyone experienced wicking with the cotton print outer angel wraps aios? i loved my ll, but had wicking issues

TIA,
-krista

·
Registered
167 Posts
After a couple of months use with no leaks, I started to have wicking 'cos the fleece on the snap in soaker was repelling. Amy was a darling and sent me Sportwash/Sensi-clean which cleared it up and they were spot on again. Unfortunately we can't buy Sportwash here, so now I use the quick dry aio as a cover with a prefold in. Again, they are spot on and don't wick.

They are so well constructed I think repelling probs are the only thing that would cause issues, so if that's not a problem you have you'll be fine. I think they are fantastic dipes and I still use mine every single day. Not only are they beautiful, but they look so soft and comfy and never leave a hint of a mark on his legs....
go for it!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I love these too and had no wicking issues at all. These were used in HEAVY rotation for months, and then the waterproofing started to break down a little. I sprayed them with some spray (which she sells on her site), and they're as good as new. They are extremely well made -- you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i adore these dipes - they are the mainstay of our stash and i really can't say enough good things about them.
i did start to get some wicking after 1 1/2 months of heavy use, but i bought some silicone waterguard spray and re-sprayed them, then tossed them in the dryer for 15 minutes. they are good as new! it is natural with any cotton fabric with a WR finish to experience wicking when the WR wears off, no matter how waterproof the interlining is. Re-spraying is the only solution! I plan to do it again after another month and a half or so.
xoxo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.