Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody read any good attachment friendly books on anger management for kids. My ds is 4 and has a very firey temper. He gets so angry, so very fast, over the littlest thing. I try to accept that he is having angry feelings and has a right to them but his behavior that accompanies the feelings is really unacceptable to me and seems out of proportion to the injustice. Any recommendations for a good book would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
ditto! my 3 yo ds is the same way. And now he has taken to destroying anything around him when he gets angry. He throws, pulls down, tips over- you name it- I do need ideas, too!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am in the market for a book like this, too. I hope someone posts a good suggestion!

What I have done so far is to buy some children's books on anger ("When Sophie gets angry, really really angry" and "Sometimes I'm bombaloo"). WHen I share theses books with my children I ignore the text, and just talk about the pictures together, conjecturing about what might be going on, what the people might be saying or feeling, what their options are, etc. They both have great illustrations. My children LOVE them. The text itself is not what we need (indeed, the bombaloo girl gets yelled at and sent to her room; Sophie has to leave the house when she's angry) but I don't mind skipping it, and the illustrations are quite open to interpretation.

Also I am making an anger book with my daughter (5). Just drawing paper stapled together with a poster-board cover. I am asking her to draw angry pictures, draw someone hitting, draw someone using their words (and what are they saying), etc, just sort of covering the territory as she experiences it. My goal is simply to have one more vehicle for her to explore her relationship to anger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.