Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked with a couple of moms about starting a knitting circle in the Glen Burnie area. It would be without kids on an evening or weekend afternoon (I'm thinking weekend afternoon would be easier). We'd get together, talk, knit, etc. I've also promised at least one mom that I could help her learn to knit. So, it is certainly open to those of you who are interested in knitting, but have yet to learn. Heck, you're welcome to come even if knitting isn't in your future, but I'm sure you'll end up wanting something to keep your hands busy

My goal now is to get some sort of plan in place for when to meet first and where. A comfy living room? Something like Panera? Send me your thoughts! I was thinking about getting together every other week.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hey Love! I might be interested however I can't promise I will always be able to come as my dh's work schedule is very irratic
I work sat 10-3 and sun all day till 5pm so thouse times are hard for me.
Ps- did you get the coupons I sent you?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sounds like a great idea (I wanna join!)

I do know that there already is a knitting club that meets at the Panera in Pasadena (Ritchie Hwy at Jumpers Hole Road) I think 1 Saturday each month.

I don't think any social groups meet at the Panera on Ordnance Road, but it's always packed in there on the weekends.

Maybe one of the sitting areas at Marley Station Mall or Arundel Mills' food court?

I think I'd call anywhere first to make sure they're cool with it though

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to let you know there is a tremendously popular sip'n knit at the Panera on dobbin rd every Wednesday evening, I occasionally take Maggie with me but it really is better sans kiddos. Also we've had a Saturday morning group going for several months that Maggie comes to every week (just saying it is sort of possible to knit and corral a toddling baby...) at 9:30 am at savage mill. (in the food court area next to the bead shop)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.