Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 1st appointment with my Homebirth midwife tonight!! at 8:30 pm! in my house!!

we tried to hear the baby's heartbeat, but couldn't, which i figured would happen since i'm only 7wks 6 days (though she is going with a DD based on my LMP and not my ovulation date so that does bump me up 4 days.. i'm still going with my date..when i count weeks/days)

but she did feel my belly/uterus (from the outside) and she said i was measuring 9-10 weeks! (4th pregnancy will do that) so that made me feel MUCH better knowing that #1, what i'm feeling is my uterus, and #2 it could, but probably wouldn't be that big if there wasn't a baby in it..

another high point, she is going to use my blood work from my previous pregnancy so i don't have to get blood drawn at all this pregnancy! (just a finger prick to check sugar and iron later on)

i am just all around excited about everything, i feel so good everything, now if we could just find the HB! I have a doppler, so i will be listening every few days until i find it.. this happy appointment also made me feel a lot better about how horribly sick i've felt.. its good to focus on the baby for an evening and not just general life feeling like poo..

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Yeah... my doctor felt mine and said I was measuring right on... granted she didnt actually measure it and from where she was feeling the top of the fundus (which I have felt for a few weeks) puts mine up around 10 weeks too... but it is my 3rd baby/4th pregnancy... but I totally feel you on that making you feel better! My first stopped growing at 6 weeks so I was terrified until she told me I was measuring good.

I could never go on bloodwork from previous pregnancy but only due to having thyroid issues... I will likely have my blood taken once a month for the remainder of the pregnancy and for the first year postpartum to keep an eye on my thyroid.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have my first MW appt tomorrow
yay, one day shy of 10 weeks soo DF should get to hear the heartbeat
he didn't make it to my U/S cause I didn't have anyone to watch the kids and it was last min.
I can feel my uterus rright above my pelvis when it contracts. DF tried to measure me around lol he thinks I'm huge already...his first baby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.