1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have had more than 1 child that you have exclusivly
bf'd was the time it took for af to come back different with each one or
about the same?

With both of my other 2 I got af back with in 2 wks of stopping bleeding after giving birth
and here I am at almost 12wks pp and NO AF!!!! It is kind of freaking me out
bc we did dtd when she was 3wks old and again when she was 6wks old and neither time did we use anything but I have done that with all of my kids and never got pg but like I said I have always gotten af by now. Should I be worried or could this just be normal?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've only had one, and I know you mentioned moms who had more than one, but I ebf'ed my daughter for the first year, and didn't have af the entire year

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asking for people who had more than 1 bc I want to know if it is normal for it to vary from child to child or even to have just 1 child out of a few to
be different.

I would be totally ok with not having af for a year or more though that would be great IMO!...lol...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had some big variances:
dd1 - af returned at 6 mos, weaned at 14 mos
dd2 - af returned at around 1 yr, weaned at 9-10 mos
dd3 - af returned at around 1 yr, weaned at 6 mos
ds1 - af returned at 16 mos, weaned at 10-11 mos
ds2 - af hasn't made an appearance, still nursing at 11 mos

All my babies slept through the night at around 8 weeks, but I nurse on demand and. Does that help at all? lol

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
DD#1, started solids at 4.5 months, got AF back at 6 months
DD#2, started solids at 8.5 months, got AF back at 12 months
DD#3, started solids at 8 months, still no sign of AF, though I had some spotting earlier in the week

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks that helps! I was really getting a little worried. I think I will take a test just to be totally sure though and to ease my mind.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Mine were slightly different.

After Griff: AF returned after he night-weaned, at 15 months. It became regular a couple of months later.

After Reese: Af returned after he suddenly got interested in solids (Griff's interest in solids was more gradual), at 10 months. It got more regular at about 12 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts