Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the start of Chapter 8 of Brunelleschi's Dome: How a Renaissance Genius Reinvented Architecture by Ross King, it says: "Dozens of quarries were worked on their slopes during the Quattrocento, including several near the village of Settignano, the childhood home of Michelangelo, whose wet nurse was the wife of a stone cutter and, according to the sculptor, the source of his genius with hammer and chisel.

Just thought y'all would like to know.

edited to add: I told a couple of the guys (male, also engineers) in my office about this, including the one who loaned me the book, and they thought it was great! One said he's been trying to learn a few new things and wondered if that was really all that he needed. {Hee, hee.} [Btw, the one who loaned me the book told me when I was pregnant that he had tried to convince his wife to breastfeed their daughters and she just refused
: ...and he said he had dragged out all the data about how great it was (knowing how he is about data, I can REALLY see this happening
) and got the doc. to try and convince her but no go.
: ]

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sohj
[Btw, the one who loaned me the book told me when I was pregnant that he had tried to convince his wife to breastfeed their daughters and she just refused
: ...and he said he had dragged out all the data about how great it was (knowing how he is about data, I can REALLY see this happening
) and got the doc. to try and convince her but no go.
: ]
WOW!!! Good for him for trying so hard!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.